Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries: Preparation





After a wonderful day chilling by Shane's parents' pool in Austin, I made my first recipe. I decided to start with what looked like the simplest recipe in the book, a frozen chocolate mousse. The recipe calls for whipped cream, chocolate liquer, and raspberries. It says that you can leave out the liquer, but then you have to eat the dessert cold and not frozen. The liquer would keep the mousse from freezing solid. Liquer sounds expensive, and it takes four hours to freeze the dessert, so I decided to go without it. That makes for a really easy recipe:

2 cups of heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Whip the cream, fold in the syrup, put it in the fridge, and later put it in pretty cups with raspberries. It says to whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. I wasn't quite satisfied with the whipped-ness of it, but it also said if you kept whipping too long it would curdle, and that just sounds gross. Newsflash: whipped cream plain does not taste good. My friend Elizabeth told me this, but she is lactose intolerant and I did not trust her, so I decided to try it myself. Whipped cream with chocolate syrup folded in, however, tastes quite delicious. Shane licked the spoon, and he agrees. He also ate several of the raspberries that were broken or fell out of the bowl. I anticipated this, and that's why I bought a huge box of raspberries (see photo). I'll post pics later of the dessert all pretty in some wine glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment