Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quesadillas and Cupcakes :)





This week so far I cooked two very simple recipes, so I'll include them on the blog for a change. The first was quesadillas:

tortillas
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 small tomato
a few green onions
small can of green chiles

On a cooke sheet, split the ingredients among all the tortillas, and fold them over or stack another tortilla on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

These were yummy! We used the H-E-B raw tortillas from the refrigerated section that you cook up in a skillet. They weren't as yummy as the Costco ones, but they were still sooo much better than the ones that come cooked in a bag. We made six and ate three for dinner one night and three the next night. Super convenient and quick!

The second recipe, which I'm actually in the process of making now, is from Real Simple magazine. You can find the recipe here. I substituted mellowcreme pumpkins on top instead of candycorn. I mean, they're pumpkin cupcakes, duh! Also, the longer I live, the more I discover that I'm just about the only person in the world who likes candy corn.

Shane's brother is coming to visit for the weekend, and he'll be our first house guest! I'm planning on making chili and cornbread, plus having the cupcakes ready when he gets here tomorrow. The recipe made a full 2 dozen cupcakes, so I'm going to take some to work tomorrow, I think. Unless we try them tonight and they're gross!

1 comment: