Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Abby/Betty Project Status: 43 down, 69 to go!

There are 112 recipes total, and I’ve made 43, so I have 69 recipes to go. My goal is to finish this project by our wedding day, May 21, 2011. That gives me approximately 7 more months, which is still about 10 recipes per month!

Here is a list of what I’ve cooked since my last update on August 28:

29. Scrambled Eggs (I have made an executive decision to just include this, because it’s one of the few things I knew how to make before I started the project. My latest creation with it was a sweet breakfast taco. I love jelly on my eggs, so I made a breakfast taco with scrambled eggs, mozzarella, and raspberry preserves wrapped in a tortilla. Yum!)

30. Hard-Boiled Eggs (Same executive decision. I actually make these all the time. The perfect recipe, never fails: put eggs on the stove in cold water, bring to a boil, boil for 11 minutes, immediately put the eggs in ice water. A good use of the last few eggs before they go bad! Just eat ‘em straight up. Also a good way to kill all the Salmonella.)

31. Greek Salad (Yum! We need to eat more veggies, and this will help!)

32. Caesar Salad (This is another one that Shane said to count among his favorites. I agree! Rubbing garlic on the sides of the salad bowl is a great trick to get a garlic taste that’s not overpowering.)

33. Veggie Lasagna (Nothing special. Healthy, edible, and pretty easy. Next time, no mushrooms!)

34. Quesadillas (Quick, easy, and tasty.)

35. Chipotle-Black Bean Burritos (Turned out really well, but Chipotle peppers are wicked hot! Definitely need to cut them up really small and only put a little bit.)

36. Chili (Yum!)

37. Tortilla Soup (Soooo easy, pretty healthy, and delicious. A good after-work throw it together dinner.)

38. Eggs Over Hard (Yummy, but I want to learn Eggs Sunny Side Up because they’re prettier!)

39. Veggie Chili (This was good, made a ton, and made for good leftovers through the week.)

40. Banana Bread (Yum! Just next time move the rack to the middle of the oven.)

41. Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Homemade Marinara (Delicious, and also made good leftovers. Good for after work or at work!)

42. French Onion Puke (Never. Again.)

43. Linguini Alfredo (Delicious, and I could make Strawberry Shortcakes or Chocolate Mousse with the leftover whipping cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment