Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Aaaaand she's back!





Phew! It's been a busy few weeks. For the past three weekends I--went to a wedding with Shane, gave a lecture at the Texas Academy of Family Physicians conference in Houston, and gave the same lecture in Dallas. During the weekdays, I worked and did Pilates two days a week. It's been busy, but good busy!

Needless to say, I had to take a break from the Abby/Betty project. But I'm back! First thing today when I got home from Dallas I sat down and picked out some recipes, went to the grocery store, and came home and made two things. Also, I couldn't resist the red polka-dotted pie dish at H-E-B. I'll use it to make my pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving :).

Today for dinner we had Turkey Caesar Wraps. I bought a Caesar salad kit from H-E-B, two roma tomatoes, and a rotisserie turkey breast, and we wrapped it all up in tortillas from H-E-B (the kind you buy raw, so they are delicious once cooked up). This was yummy, and totally realistic for a quick dinner after work for Shane and me.

I also made (and just tasted today, we didn't eat it yet) Lemon-Basil Pasta Salad with Turkey. The recipe consisted of boiling spiral pasta, adding asparagus with about 3 minutes to go, draining that, then adding parmesan cheese, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic powder, and turkey. I tasted it, and it's yum! It will be better tomorrow when it's all cold and all the flavors have mixed together. Good lunch for work :).

Coming up this week: tuna salad. I've made tuna salad before, but I've been meaning to make it for a while (we both like it) and it's in my Betty book! Well, I'm super glad to be done with my two lectures, and I hear they went well. No matter how I do, I always think my own lectures are bad. Okay, gotta go watch Brothers and Sisters now! Happy to get back to Abby/Betty :).

No comments:

Post a Comment