Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Last day off!






Today is my last day off, and I'm enjoying it immensely! I got a bunch of errands done and now I'm chilling out with Animal, about to read more of Cutting for Stone. This book is wonderful so far, so wonderful that I may just read My Own Country next. I guess along with my love for medical TV shows like Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Scrubs, House, Hawthorne, etc., comes a love for medical literature. It must be genetic! And speaking of Animal, doesn't it look like she's rocking a tiny furry Ugg boot since her leg fur hasn't grown back yet from her IV? Hehe.

A few minutes ago I made Roast Beef Pesto Paninis using our new George Foreman Grill that Shane's parents gave us. It was really easy to use! You'll see a picture of me trying to read the directions (I always do) before figuring out that you just plug it in, it gets hot, and then you cook things on it. The Roast Beef Pesto Panini tasted like a fancy-schmancy grilled cheese! In a good way. The french bread I bought from Randalls was really good even before I coated it with Brummel and Brown and toasted it in the George Foreman Grill. It was buttery and flakey and delicious! One day I want to learn to make my own bread for sandwiches, but for now I was happy to make a fancy grilled cheese.

My plan for the cucumber salad fell through, because upon removing the cucumbers I purchased last week from the refrigerator, I discovered a pickle-like smushy texture and an unexplained brown liquid in the bag. Oh well! I guess that's just Betty telling me to stick to Betty for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment