Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Abby/Betty Project Status: 28 down, 84 to go!

So, it turns out my original count of the recipes was wrong. I thought there were 105 but there are actually 112, so last time when I said 16 down and 89 to go, it should have been 16 down and 96 to go!

Here is a list of what I've cooked so far.

1. Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries (Yum!)

2. Strawberry-Spinach Salad (Yum!)

3. Buffalo Wings (Yum!)

4. Strawberry Shortcakes (Shane and I agree this is the best thing so far)

5. Guacamole (Yum! Say the nurses Shane works with)

6. Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole a.k.a. Egg Strata (Yum, although too salty because of preserved ham)

7. Fruit Salad with Lemon-Honey-Poppy Seed Dressing (Yum!)

8. Blueberry Muffins (A little dry, but apparently had perfect peaks!)

9. Lasagna (Yum! Probably the second best thing so far, and made the house smell good!)

10. Tirimisu (Yuck!)

11. Italian Salad with Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette (Double Yuck!)

12. Garlic Bread (Yum!)

13. Apple Crisp a.k.a. Apple Betty (Yum, although had too much nutmeg)

14. Lemon-Dijon Baked Chicken (Yum!)

15. Garlic Smashed Potatoes (Need work)

16. Cooked Carrots (Yummy, simple, and fast!)

17. Meatloaf (Yum!)

18. Mashed Potatoes (Masterpiece)

19. Green Beans (Yum! Bacon makes things taste good.)

20. Outrageous Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Yum!)

21. Oven Fried Chicken (Good, but a little dry)

22. Macaroni and Cheese (Good, but weird recipe with onions)

23. Broccoli (Yum!)

24. Spinach and Chicken Stuffed Pasta Shells (Pretty good)

25. Roasted Garlic (Pretty disgusting)

26. Beef Pesto Panini (Yum! Fancy Grilled Cheese)

27. Veggie Focaccia Sandwiches (Made with ciabatta instead-Yummy and healthy!)

28. Ranch Pasta Salad (Haven’t tried it yet!)


My goal is to finish this project by our wedding day, May 21, 2011. That gives me approximately 9 more months, which is still about 10 recipes per month. I am on still on track to finish! And I think I'm a little ahead, which is good, because somehow I don't think there will be time to cook in the few weekends before the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment