Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Job!!






So you may be wondering what the eff I've been doing lately instead of cooking. In addition to getting a new cat and visiting the Woodwards (including Eddie, Billy, and Jane) this weekend, I got a new job! I have been super busy with interviews, then new employee stuff. I am starting this Friday! :D

I had my last day at my government job this past Friday (see picture of my cake attached). I will now be working at a hospital as an infection control practitioner! The people at my old job gave me a really sweet goodbye, complete with many well-wishes from coworkers, a speech from my boss, kind words from my boss's boss, his boss :), and a cake and punch reception put together by my coworkers. It's sad to leave all the people I've met, but so great to go on to a new adventure!

To prepare for said new job, I decided to take a few days off this week, so I have been relaxing and getting some things done. This has included getting Annie spayed (she's doing fine now! see picture attached), cleaning out my closet (bye bye, 5 bags of unwanted clothes and box of unwanted shoes!), and getting a haircut and a pedicure (please disregard the squalor that is my desk. had to start somewhere with the cleaning!).

I started my first job the day after finals, literally the next day after I had been studying and taking finals all week, with no break. This led to me wearing the last clean outfit in my closet and trying to style a haircut I was so over but hadn't had time to get cut since I had been in grad school. Needless to say I hated my ID badge photo. I highly prefer the take a few days off route. The house is cleaner, my hair is prettier, I have even had the time and energy to exercise, and I still have two more days to go! One of which I will spend cooking the Abby/Betty food that I didn't get to cook on Shane's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment