Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Black Bean Soup Didn't Miss Her






Last night I made yummy black bean soup, and now we have some in the freezer! And proved once again that anything tastes delicious with bacon grease :)

I cooked bacon for a minute in the bottom of my Chantal saucepan (stirring a TON, so I didn't end up with another burnt, stinky french onion soup type situation) then added onions and garlic powder to a little bit of bacon grease and cooked them. To that, I added chicken broth, chopped carrots and celery, crushed red pepper, and parsley which I diced up with my new nifty new Oxo herb dicer from Target. Cooking causes a whole new type of unnecessary Target purchases. It used to usually be just clothes that I'd impulse purchase, now I've added cooking gadgets! Good thing I got a new job too :)

I boiled all of that until the carrots and celery were tender, then added a can of black beans, 1/2 cup of them mashed and cooked that until the beans were soft. This made a delicious soup! I ate a bowl and froze three. This morning I grabbed a frozen container of soup and took it to work for lunch. Yum! And healthy... aside from the bacon grease. But fat makes brain cells, right??


No comments:

Post a Comment