Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Very UnBetty Recipe: Bacon Cheddar Biscuits





For some reason, I get loads of catalogs at my apartment. I have never lived in once place for more than about nine months before now, and I guess that's what happens when you dig in somewhere (and do all of your shopping online!) A couple of weeks ago I got a Williams-Sonoma catalog that had a bacon cheddar biscuit recipe next to the All-Clad skillets. Okay, does that not sound freaking delicious? Bacon... Cheddar... Biscuits???

Here's how it went... I cooked six pieces of bacon in my skillet (not all clad, but a similar type of shiny silver skillet) which created a ton of bacon grease. I put the bacon on a paper towel to soak up the excess grease and poured out the extra into a Bon Maman jelly jar for safe keeping, burning the crap out of my hand in the process.

Next, I mixed up the biscuit dough along with diced bacon, shredded sharp cheddar, shredded parmesan, and a little bit of pepper. I kneaded and rolled out the dough on my first ever floured surface (hard to believe I have a counter clean enough for that, right?) with my new pink silicone rolling pin handed down from Mom.

Next, I spread out the bacon grease on the bottom of the skillet and cut out the biscuits. Target didn't have biscuit cutters, so I found the closest thing, Nordic Ware cookie cutters! We now have a Ziploc container of heart and scalloped square-shaped biscuits on the counter. They're a little burnt, but sooo good! Thanks Bacon Grease!

Now I'm off to make a practice pumpkin pie. There's a pot luck Friday at work, and I gotta get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment