Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Abby/Betty Project Status: 16 down, 89 to go!

At the suggestion of Beth, who also owns the Betty cookbook, I am going to provide a status update. Here are the 16 recipes I have cooked so far:

1. Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries (Yum!)
2. Strawberry-Spinach Salad (Yum!)
3. Buffalo Wings (Yum!)
4. Strawberry Shortcakes with Shane and I agree this is the best thing so far)
5. Guacamole (Yum! Say the nurses Shane works with)
6. Ham and Cheese Egg Casserole a.k.a. Egg Strata (Yum, although too salty because of preserved ham)
7. Fruit Salad with Lemon-Honey-Poppy Seed Dressing (Yum!)
8. Blueberry Muffins (A little dry, but apparently had perfect peaks!)
9. Lasagna (Yum! Probably the second best thing so far, and made the house smell good!)
10. Tirimisu (Yuck!)
11. Italian Salad with Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette (Double Yuck!)
12. Garlic Bread (Yum!)
13. Apple Crisp a.k.a. Apple Betty (Yum, although had too much nutmeg)
14. Lemon-Dijon Baked Chicken (Yum!)
15. Garlic Smashed Potatoes (Need work)
16. Cooked Carrots (Yummy, simple, and fast!)

I have 89 recipes to go. Beth has listed brown rice with lentils and the scalloped potatoes as some of her family's favorites. Maybe I'll redeem myself this weekend after the mediocre-to-poor garlic smashed potatoes and make some delicious scalloped potatoes. I don't have my cookbook here in Austin, so I can't plan my next menu until Friday or Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment