Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Buffalo Wings: Success! Bleu Cheese Dressing: Not so much.





So, the buffalo wings were a success! They turned out really good. They weren't too spicy but they were still flavorful. The marinade had Cholula red pepper sauce, honey, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce, and then I sprinkled paprika on the chicken before cooking it. I was a little worried that they would be spicy because of the red pepper sauce, but they really weren't. (In fact, if you liked spicy things, I think you would need to put more hot sauce on after they were cooked. They were great though! Major milestone: I bought raw chicken and cooked it!

The homemade bleu cheese dressing was not good. It wasn't exactly nasty, but it just didn't have any flavor, and it was too thin to be a dip for the celery. The ingredients were plain yogurt, mayonnaise, and bleu cheese crumbles. Maybe more bleu cheese crumbles would have made it taste better? At any rate, next time I make buffalo wings I think I'll just serve the celery sticks with ranch dressing or use a ranch dressing mix to make some dip. I'm not a huge fan of raw celery, but with some ranch dressing or veggie dip it can be delicious!

We also ate the leftover strawberry shortcakes for dessert, which were delicious all over again! The strawberry shortcake recipe is probably what I'll bring next time we have a pot luck or I'll make at a family gathering. I'm not sure I want to share the recipe, it can be my secret :).

After our delicious real food dinner, which Shane at in his scrubs standing up right when he got home because he was so hungry, we went out for 4th of July. We had no idea, and were really surprised as we drove to a friend's house to see cars parked all over the medians and the shoulders, and even some in the lanes, waiting to see the fireworks. Traffic was super slow just because people were waiting to watch the fireworks from the raised freeways. I kind of felt like we were going to get shanked or run over someone driving through parts of it, especially by our apartment, but once we got to Patrick's house we got out and watched the fireworks from a bridge on TC Jester, and it was really fun! All in all, a successful 4th of July. Too bad I have to work today!

No comments:

Post a Comment