Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Guacamole for 4... to feed 15 nurses!




Today we went to the grocery store and got the ingredients for all eight recipes that I'll be cooking this week. I can't wait! When we got home I made guacamole for Shane to take to work tomorrow for a nurse's birthday party. The recipe said it would make 16 servings, which was totally wrong! It called for 2 avacados, then chopped tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and cayenne pepper. It made what looked about enough for 4 people if they were eating chips and dip, maybe 8 or so if they were just using it as a topping for fajitas or something. Eek! I hope I don't anger the hungry nurses! Shane insisted that we did not need to go back to the store and get more avocados. He said the "homemadeness" would make up for the small quantity. Hopefully there is lots of other food and a lot of nurses who don't like guacamole. I didn't taste it because there wasn't very much, so I'll have to wait for Shane's report tomorrow.

We brought home a bunch of produce, which is kind of unusual, and Frankie discovered it immediately and wanted to sniff it/play with it. Don't worry, we moved it to one of the few Frankie-free zones in the house on the shelves above the sink. Knock on wood that he doesn't figure out how to get there! I have also been locking Frankie in the study when I'm cooking so he doesn't get up on the counter. The way Frankie acts when I do anything domestic reminds me of the time Mom used cloth napkins at dinner at our house. We were entertaining a potential new doctor for Weimar, and she had made a nice dinner and set the table with cloth napkins. I asked "Mom, where did we get these?!" and she gave me a look like "Shh! Act like we use them all the time!" When I cook or clean Frankie is the same way. "Mom, what are you doing?!" It gives me away, I wish he would act like I do it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment