Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Garlic Bread = Yum


Today I made the garlic bread, finishing out the 8 recipes I had planned for last weekend. So, maybe 8 was a little much for one weekend, especially when Shane was home and we had other stuff planned! I also prepared some whole wheat pasta with H-E-B Tomato Basil sauce to eat for dinner tonight, and then packed it up for lunches for the rest of the week. I may not look like much, but it's better than a freakin' Lean Cuisine!

Well, the garlic bread was delicious. I mean, really how can you go wrong by spreading butter and garlic on a delicious baguette and then baking it? Well, there is one way. I learned when I made the salad that if you put too much garlic powder in something it's NASTY! Same with really strong espresso or rum extract with the tirimisu. Also, the preparation of garlic bread is a good use of my skill at cutting things into straight and even pieces. This is a skill that even Chef Linda (a.k.a. Mom) has me help her with at times, along with multiplying fractions to double a recipe.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE H-E-B! They have the best store-brand stuff (Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce, yum!), tons of produce, and a bakery that makes fresh-baked baguettes and labels them "SCRATCH BAGUETTE." I thought only Nanny and Mom used "scratch" as an adjective, like "scratch cake" not "box cake." Maybe it's a Texas thing?



No comments:

Post a Comment