Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Flunk!!!

Woke up this morning planning on turning off the Crock Pot and storing my dinner for tonight (italian sausage and tomato ragu). The food that I slaved over last night at nearly midnight, browning the sausage and the vegetables and simmering the sauce on the stove. Carefully placing them in the Crock Pot and setting my oven timer for 8 hours... Fell asleep last night thinking yes, I turned it on, that would be so silly if I didn't turn it on! And now I am looking at my poor, sad, Crock Pot. Full of delicious RAW ragu. Poor, sad little plug hanging off the side of the counter but nooot quiiite in the socket. I unplugged it last night to move it toward the stove so I could spoon in the huge skillet full of sauce.


Uuuggghh.... Monday isn't starting out my way!!! Lessons learned:



1. When you are extremely sleepy and cooking, check everything twice (even things that seem obvious!) I even had my mise en place because I knew I was sleepy! I didn't forget any ingredients, but now they are all sitting in my kitchen having spent 8 hours in the temperature danger zone.

2. When you pour simmering liquid into the Crock Pot, feeling it to make sure it's warm doesn't work... You gotsta check and make sure it's actually plugged in and on!!



Okay, now laugh away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment