Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pretzels!


OMG these pretzels were soo good! (I made them last night and I am already referring to them in the past tense because they are GONE.) I used the pretzel recipe from Joy of Cooking.

This week I totally lost my motivation to cook actual food. I am pretty sure this happens to everyone, so I'm trying not to stress that my cute little weekly meal plan complete with grocery list did not turn out the way I planned. I think even the best cooks should reserve the right to call "get your own" night. I did manage to get through the week with at least something on the table each night... My laziness led me to make a lot of eggs/breakfast for dinner and I ended up discovering that delicious hash browns are easy to make!

I also have a cake-in-progress. I am trying to use my cake for Wilton class for a party that we are having tomorrow for a friend's fiance who just moved to Houston AND finished the Bar Exam. We are making cakes decorated with roses tonight in class, so I made a yellow cake and iced it Tiffany-blue-ish and I'm planning to decorate it with some white roses. If that fails, I have a back up plan (cupcakes :)! Unfortunately, even if my cake does turn out it looks like the sky is supposed to fall here tomorrow because of Tropical Storm Don, so our party might be cancelled. In that case, maybe I'll use my renewed cooking energy to make that pizza I've been promising Shane :).

No comments:

Post a Comment