Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Plans for the Week

This week is going to be Operation Crock Pot Attempt #2. We didn't run out of food last week, so I succeeded, technically, in meal planning. However, we weren't exactly enjoying what we were eating either. I am blaming my failure on the use of grody recipes from Real Simple. This week I'm going to try to redeem myself with recipes from Art of the Slow Cooker. I am already inclined to trust the author of the cookbook because I have already learned from the book

1. Never use water in a slow cooker recipe. Always use broth, wine, etc. or your food will be bland.
2. Always brown the meat before cooking it in a slow cooker.

Chef Mom has also told me both of these things, so this dude must know what he's talking about.

For tonight, I am going to make meat loaf and potatoes parmesan in two separate slow cookers. For tomorrow, I am going to make sausage and tomato ragu, and for Tuesday, I am going to make pulled-pork sandwiches. This time I am going to use Nanny's cole slaw recipe. Also to go with the pulled pork, I'm going to bake another batch of hamburger buns today. This will be my third time making them. The first time they were too small and tall, the second time they were too flat and big, so I'm hoping this time they will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment