Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Operation Crock Pot... Room for Improvement :)


My pulled pork sandwich on a homemade bun today is delicious! The coleslaw recipe that came with it from Real Simple is a flunk. I put the coleslaw on my sandwich Southern style so I could still get my veggies though. I think Real Simple is not my favorite source for recipes... They are great if you want something quick, but if you are willing to put a little more work into the food I think it would taste so much better! So next week I'm going to try some more complicated crock pot recipes from my cookbook: The Art of the Slowcooker in the same style of this week. Recipes Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and leftovers Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This has worked really well this week! Each dish has made enough leftovers for another dinner and one or two lunches, and since I made 3 things and we're saving them all, we're not eating the same thing day after day or letting any of the veggies go bad before they're cooked. :)

1 comment:

  1. You need to try this real simple recipe.. http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/broccoli-and-gruyere-gratin-recipe-00000000022379/index.html

    I've never gotten the texture to be perfect, but OMG it is delicious never the less! -Vilbig

    ReplyDelete