Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Homework!

This is my homework for Wilton cake decorating class. My school supply kit came with this nifty plastic thing with a stack of icing pattern flash cards. This one had stars on it that I iced over :). Now I'm waiting for the icing to set so we can scrape it off and eat it, hehe.

About Wilton class: I think it's going to be really fun getting to know the people in the class. There are a couple of other newlywed girls who are trying to learn to be more domestic like me, and there are a couple of parent/child pairs in the class.

The first class was a little disappointing because we went over step by step how to bake a cake ...from a mix... Yawn! A lot of the people in the class have no experience with baking. The teacher said that good taste and prettiness are mutually exclusive in cakes. This is not true. So clearly I tuned out the baking advice! For the first class we were supposed to bring plain cookies and I brought homemade ones and it made a stir! So for the week we bring cupcakes (since I love baking and can't imagine buying my baked goods to decorate) I agreed to bring enough cupcakes for me and the two newlywed girls and I made some friends. :)

I can't wait to show you my projects as I progress through the class! My cookies were too ugly to share, but I'll get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment